MFF wins tender

Sunday, 14 December 2014   


NSW Premier Mike Baird today announced a fantastic outcome for customers using fast ferries between Manly and Circular Quay, with cheaper fares, brand new vessels, and more ferry services for Manly residents and visitors.

Mr Baird today announced Manly Fast Ferry - one of the current operators of the service - had been named as the new operator to run the service from April next year.

“This is a fantastic win for the Manly community, and the new contract will benefit the thousands of regular commuters and tourists who use Sydney Harbour for travel, work and leisure,” Mr Baird said.

“I’m really pleased for Manly Fast Ferry, as one of the current operators of the service, with a real focus on customer service that locals have enjoyed for many years.

“Importantly we will see cheaper fares, more services during the week than both current providers combined, and double the services on the weekend, which will no doubt bring more visitors to Manly.”

The cost of an adult multi ticket during the peak will drop to between $6.40 - $6.80, which is up to $2.60 cheaper than the current fare of one operator, and up to $1.10 cheaper than the other, Mr Baird said.

“The cost of a child using the same service will be $5, down from the maximum $7.50.

Mr Baird said the fare levels will be locked in for the life of the contract, allowing only for annual inflation increases, unlike the current contract that did not restrict fare rises.

Mr Baird said in addition to cheaper fares, the number of services will increase to 538 per week, compared to 420 that customers can currently catch with both operators.This includes service levels increasing on weekdays to 450 per week, up from 380 now.

There will also be more than double the number of services over the weekends, with 44 trips between Manly and Circular Quay - 22 each way - up from a total of 20 currently on offer, bringing more visitors to Manly and easing crowding on popular services during the day.

The new contract will begin on April 1, 2015. Independent probity officers were involved in the highly competitive tender process run by Transport for NSW.

Mr Baird said the new contract finally provides the certainty needed to be able to invest in improved services and deliver better outcomes for Manly customers.

“We expect the first of four brand new vessels to be introduced from next year, which will offer improved facilities such as showers, more power and USB outlets, surfboard and bike racks, and faster boarding times,” Mr Baird said.

“Customers will also benefit from the NSW Government’s ongoing hard work to improve services, that includes a new travel app offering real-time journey information, and new ticket booths at Circular Quay and Manly wharves.

“The operator will also need to meet key performance indicators including on-time running and responding to customer feedback, ensuring the quality of customer  service continues to improve over time,” Mr Baird said.

“This really is great news today - the NSW Liberals & Nationals Government has listened to customers, heard their feedback and is proud to deliver these real benefits to the Manly community.”

 
Whale Watching

Whale Watching from May to December

New Years Eve

Book Now for New Years Eve 2017

Sydney Harbour Eco Hopper

Sightseeing Cruises on Sydney Harbour